Pre Packaged Scrubber Systems
Indusco Environmental Services, Inc. MOD3 packed bed scrubber is a three-stage scrubber, designed for applications with airflows ranging from 1,000-25,000 CFM. The unit is fabricated from corrosion resistant Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) and consists of three counter-current packed bed sections. The total bed depth for the unit is 12-15 feet of packing. This type of scrubber is ideal for applications where head space is limited and ease of installation is desired. The greatest benefits of the MOD3 are that each stage works with counter-current airflow (which maximizes removal efficiency), has a dedicated recirculation pump (which provides redundancy) and can have unique individual chemistry. The first and second stages can operate on either a shared or individual sumps and the third stage operates on an individual sump. As an option, the third stage sump can be designed to overflow into the first and second stage sumps, in order to maximize chemical usage. The MOD3 is furnished with all recirculation pumps and piping, spray headers, demister, packing media, differential pressure gauges, pH and ORP Transmitters, sump heaters, level transmitters, and any other instrumentation that may be required pre-installed.
Recently in Albuquerque, N.M., Indusco constructed 4 modular scrubber systems to be used in unison. The system integrates Ashland's new Hetron 992SB resin. The entire system is equipped to accommodate 80,000 cfm.
Major Benefits of an Indusco Environmental Services Pre-Packaged Modular Scrubber System
- Can be skid mounted for ease of relocation and installation
- Provides same level of control as much larger systems, allowing for a much smaller footprint than most other air pollution scrubbers
- Turn key service includes all pumps, fans, motors, tanks, control stations, installation and training
- Lower profile vs. single and double stage systems provides an unobtrusive scrubber system
- Modular system provides the capability of using different chemicals in each sump for applications which require the treatment of different contaminants
- Controls H2S and other noxious odors
- Fully automated system which includes pH and ORP controls
- Multiple manways allow access to all parts of the scrubber system
- Available in FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) which provides better corrosion resistance and greater durability
- Recycling of chemicals provides a more cost effective service